Monday, January 9, 2012

Who I Hope to Become in 2012

Like many people, I usually start my New Year's resolutions on my birthday, which is in June. I will continue to stick to that tradition. However, for some reason, I am on fire about 2012! For many years, I spent a great deal of time thinking about who I did not want to be. Low, and behold, because that is what I focused on, I became everything I said I did not want to be. So, I've been thinking a great deal about who I want to be in my 30's and I think I have a good idea now. In no particular order, here is that list.

Live Healthy
1. 8 hours of sleep most days
2. 30 minutes of exercise most days
3. Plant-based, whole foods diet, with the option to eat meat when the mood strikes
4. Nurture life-giving, mutually beneficial relationships with others.

Build Wealth
1. Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University (FPU)

Bring the Joy
1. Incorporate the family traditions I've been saying I want to start
2. Romance my husband and be his greatest encourager

Be the Hands and Feet of Jesus
1. Look for and complete at least one opportunity per week to minister to the needs of others in my church and community

Finish What I Start
1. Run an entire 5K
2. Stay on track with FPU
3. Stick to a homeschooling curriculum instead of hopping all over the place!

Sold out for Jesus
1. Wholly committed to listening for God's whispers and following them

Show up in My Life
1. I am accepting the fact that I am not a multi-tasker and that is really okay.
2. Fully attend to the task at hand.
3. Give complete and silent attention to the person who desires to have my attention at that moment. I am so notorious for taking over a conversation, but also tuning out after about five seconds of listening to the other person.

So, who are you going to become in 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment