Monday, February 13, 2012

Home-made Valentine Boxes

My boys just made three very cute valentine boxes for our homeschool support group's annual Valentine's Day ice skating party's valentine's box competition.  I thought I would share their projects here.

Here is Caden's bag.


I know it's not a box, but I thought it would be easier for his little one year old hands if he carried a bag.  I adapted the idea from a 3-D lion valentine box craft idea. Caden did help with most of the gluing...until he lost interest and walked away!

Next, is Stephen's box.

Stephen adores horses and just had to have a horse box.  I am very proud to say that this is an original design from the mind of my very own little boy.  My contribution was actually minimal.  I wrapped the cereal box, cut out the horse after he colored it, and cut out the sun because we were running out of time.  Stephen did everything else.  Not bad for a three year old. 

Finally, here is Andrew's box.


Andrew read and followed the directions to make this fire truck valentine box.  The original instructions were for a fire truck toy box, but he adapted it by adding a top so it could be used as a valentine box.  I was one proud mama while watching my little boy, who has struggled so much to become a reader, read the directions and put his box together.  I only had to help with the big words and to show him how to use the paper cutter.  He did the rest.  I still smile every time I think of his look of accomplishment. 

I would love to hear about some of your Valentine's Day projects.

2 comments:

  1. I love these!! Your boys did a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amanda. They were very proud!

    ReplyDelete