Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Life Change Challenge: One Step at a Time

So I was going to keep moving forward with this life change challenge.  Originally, my idea was to choose something once a week.  I've been able to push forward with certain areas, but this sleep thing has me a little stumped.  I'm not expecting perfection, but I definitely want to see improvement.

One of the purposes of this challenge is to share what I am learning as I go along.

What I'm learning right now is sometimes it's okay to stop.  Even when I am making a lifestyle change, sometimes there are other changes, some prerequisites if you will, that need to be mastered before I can really get into that change. 

And that's okay.  It's okay to expose my imperfections  To admit that I am not perfect in this thing.  That I don't have it all together and down pat.  That's the whole entire point of this Life Change Challenge.

Yet, I struggle with wanting to share all of this with you guys because I didn't want to seem like I wasn't  being successful.  But, the reality is I'm not.  I'm learning and I'm growing and there is no failure in learning and growth unless I quit. 

I'm breaking this thing down into smaller segments because we all know how you eat an elephant.  One bite at a time.  So, I'm just going to slow down, get my strategy together, and advance on my enemy in minute steps.  As long as I continue to move forward I will win this war on sleeplessness.

I'm reworking this life challenge as I go along because this is about the challenge of  changing my life; of making my life better.  If I need to slow down in some areas, I will.  This week, I'm going to focus on cutting technology off by 9:00.  That is my hard and fast rule.  My cell phone stays on all night for safety reasons, but it will no longer be used for facebook, internet, or to do lists.  Anything beyond that point will just have to be done on paper. 

One step at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment